CLICK THE TITLE ABOVE THAT LEADS TO THE KIDBLOG SITE.
HERE IS A DIRECT LINK TO THE FORM.
FILL OUT THIS GOOGLE FORM TO RECEIVE THE CODE THAT JOINS THE BLOG.
A blog is a place for you to share your hard work and to continue discussions that you have started. Writing comments is an important part of that process. You should be mindful of what you post to the Internet. With that in mind, there are a few guidelines I would like for you to follow.
- When you write on the blog, use your first name only. You may use your last initial but should never use your full name.
- Do not post your address, phone number, or email address on the blog.
- Never post comments that may hurt someone’s feelings or offend someone.
- Remember that blogging is about reading, thinking, and responding.
- This blog represents YOU and be proud of what you write.
Post to the Media Center Blog with these steps:
To write a great comment there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- Your comment should be set up in letter form. You should include a greeting like “Dear Mr. Eller,” or “Dear Mr. Eller’s class.”
- Your comment should be on topic! If the post talks about Louis Pasteur, please don’t write about how appreciative you are of the pasteurization process. We may all agree on the benefit of milk’s shelf life being extended but that is not an appropriate place for that discussion. Please talk about Louis Pasteur. If you have a story you’d like to tell everyone about, please write it on the “SHARE” page.
- You should write in complete sentences. You shouldn’t be saying things like “Hi guys! Bye!” Please write sentences such as “I think omnivore is a great animal word because it is a type of animal that eats both meat and vegetables.”
- Please use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Remember that you only need one exclamation mark. You will get your point across when you say, “You did an amazing job!” You DO NOT need to say “You did an amazing job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” You would not do this on your writing in class, please do not write it this way on the blog.
- After a comma, you should leave ONE space. When you start a new sentence, you should leave TWO spaces.
Remember, this blog represents our media center, so make sure you always give your best effort to share great writing!