SHES Media Center Makeover: Proposal

The Spring Hill Elementary Media Center is in a pretentious position of gaining a rejuvenating allotment of updated form and function.  It is quite a joy to consider that the students who currently attend Spring Hill might one day enroll their own children to experience the media center that is in the works at this very moment.  The compilation of these ideas have come from many discussions with students and colleagues, the following and reading of countless blogs and Twitter posts, and books that bring to life the realization of a fleeting thought and challenge the conscious of those giving input to look through eyes of a child.  To document to the most current presentation of thought, the rough images and scribbles hopefully appear as a creative blend of thought.  Tomorrow is the first meeting with the design team and I am looking forward to bouncing ideas around.

Student Feedback:

Galileo Search:

Active Learning Spaces: Steelcase:

The Third Teacher: Takeaways:

Conceptual Priorities:

21st Century Media Center: Redesign:

There will be more to come with this endeavor.  As a preview, the media center renovation will occur this summer and every piece of furniture, every book, and every piece of media equipment will be stored out of the building.  This is a very formative experience!

4 Responses

1. Nicole January 14, 2016 at 1:13 AM |

Very cool! I can’t until the unveiling!

Reply
  2. Tricia Sanders January 18, 2016 at 5:12 PM |

I like all of the ideas that you have compiled. I am curious if there is an area that is more small child friendly in there that I am not seeing? Our pre-k and kindergarten children will not be able to sit in the same chairs that the older students are sitting in. I know that you had lots of ideas, I am guessing that I am just not seeing it.

Thank you for all of the effort, passion, and dedication that you put in to everything that you do.

Reply