- I have been a pilot in the tech force since beginning my teaching career 17 years ago. My passionate pursuit of learning about technology has created a blend of coaching, facilitating, and motivating students and teachers to join me in flight through the innovation of curriculum and instruction. I have been highly involved in the integration of technology at J.C. Booth Middle School and in the Fayette County Public School System through the implementation of the BYOT initiative through the county. I have also been involved in the integration of technology and STEAM learning at Spring Hill Elementary School as an Instructional Technologist and STEAM Teacher in the Fayette County Public School System. Currently, I am the STEAM facilitator in coordination with the Community for Creativity initiative at Flat Rock Middle School. I am passionate about changing the perspective of thinking and learning with the tools of technology and gaining depth and relevance in connection to the world and am fueled by the adventure of learning (about.me/jeffeller).
- I am a teacher and a lover of learning.
- My passion is turning learning into an adventure and being tuned into the needs and processes of learning that my students partake in.
- My goal is to make the adage “if you teach a man to fish he will never starve” to heart and make learning a process that really makes life livable.
- My final goal is to do as Colossians 3:23 says and to do all I do heartily as for the Lord and not for man. I really enjoy running, cycling, canoeing, and backpacking.
- As a family we really like being outdoors and camping. It is a lot of fun being outdoors and making learning part of that adventure as well.
TO LIVE BY AND LEARN BY:
Some meaningful compilations of formation in character have come across my path and all them have a part in the classroom environment as we learn together. We are a team and will proceed together. The rules for the class are not as important as the philosophy we live with each day. Here are some thoughts to ponder and some goals to achieve (together):
QUOTE: All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
NAVY SEAL CREED:
I will never quit. I will persevere and thrive on adversity…If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on ever ounce of my strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.
I AM YOUR TEACHER:
(From Navy Seal BUDS Training / INDOC Week)
I am your teacher. I’ll help you if you need help whether it be with your family, friends or of personal concern. If you have needs let me know and we will get it fixed and get you back into training.
Your reputation begins right here. It is a reflection of me. It is a responsibility I take very personally. Stay focused. Keep your head in the game. Put out 100% at all times (I will know if you don’t). Never, ever, ever leave your buddy behind.
Stay alert and be on time. Be accountable for your actions at all times, in and out of the classroom. Remember, your reputation is everything.
Seeing what is meant to be before it happens, believing what is meant to be in the will of God, and marching into that destiny.
ELEMENTS OF A SUCCESSFUL ARMY:
(Causewitz, On War)
- Stratagem (the BIG picture)
- Assembly of Forces in Space and Time (George Patton…the men hated him and loved him at the same time)
- Strategic Reserve
I commit to uphold these principles…
- Never ask others to do anything you would not be willing to yourself.
- Repentance strengthens authority (be willing to admit you are wrong).
- Always lead by encouragement and approval (build up those you lead).
- Always offer hope (tomorrow, next time, for the future).
- Humility takes you high, pride takes you low.
- Be led as you lead.
- Take others past yourself
The mighty warrior returns, wounded but not slain. I lay me down and bleed awhile then rise and fight again.
SEVEN KEYS TO REAL FRIENDSHIP:
- Care more about your friend than yourself.
- Listen to your friend.
- Avoid interrupting and domination.
- Embarrassment has no place in friendship.
- Tactful truth empowers and energizes friendships.
- Confidentiality protects friendships.
- Definition of Vision
- Clausewitz’s work and application to spiritual warfare
- The Leadership Principles
- The Quote
- The Seven Keys to Friendship
- Purity “Eyes… Right”
Afore mentioned from Mighty Men Of God Conference
Dr Paul David Freed, Founder & President, Mighty Men Of God
MY FAVORITE HOBBY ~ BACKPACKING:
Make your own slideshow at Animoto.